MWALIMU NYERERE AFRICAN UNION SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME Special Call for Scholarship Applications
(Only for Female Applicants)
Masters Programmes in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education Science (STEME)
Launched in 2007 with the aim of producing and retaining high level African human resources for sustainable development of Africa in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-African mobility of students. The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme intends to enable young Africans to study in leading African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
The Commission of the African Union offers a Special Call for Scholarship Applications (Only for Female Applicants) to study Masters Programmes in Engineering and Applied Sciences, tenable in reputable African Universities.
Thr programme aims to encourage and facilitate the participation of young African female students at postgraduate level in the field of Masters Programmes in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education Science (STEME),
To be eligible for the Special Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Female Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of STEM
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts.
- Have proof of admission to a reputable university in any African Union
- Member State to undertake a full time Masters programme
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of study for at least three (3) years.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY:
The following fields of study are eligible:
- Education Science
The Masters programme should be of two years duration
Closing Date: 30 April 2013
Details and Method of Application on: