NIWIT is a new Interest Group in NCS like ITAN, ISPON, ISPAN, etc. Women in ICT blog was informed that membership is open to female members of NCS, CPN and any woman involved in IT. Since NCS requires every registered member to belong to an interest group, Women in ICT blog observes that is now an option for all women in the IT industry.
|Launch of NIWIT at NCS Conference in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State|
2. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
(1) Foster unity among Nigerian women in the IT industry through networking.
(2) To maintain and defend the integrity and right of women in the IT industry.
(3) To promote professionalism, capacity building and good relationship among members through mentoring (4) To maintain the highest standard of ethics, conduct, virtue, etiquette and discipline among women in the IT industry.
(5) To engage in any activity and ventures which will promote NIWIIT as well as the welfare of members? (6) To create a platform by which women in IT can collaborate with other women in other professions in Nigeria and elsewhere.
(7) To develop and train members of the NIWIIT through workshops and capacity building programs.
(8) To create awareness programs for IT related services and products among women in the rural and sub-urban areas in Nigeria, special target groups and students in secondary schools and tertiary institutions (9) To encourage more female participation in the IT profession.
3. MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
For further information on NIWIT, please contact:
1. Mrs. Owolabi - 08034023651
2. Mrs. Elusoji - 08033046122
3. Mrs. Archibong - 08065546988
4. Mrs. Faluyi - 08033933461
5. Mrs. Orji - 08033350916
6. Mrs. Ayodele - 08069804373
Nigerian Women in Information Technology (NIWIIT)
C/o Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Alausa, Ikeja
P.M.B 4800 Surulere, Lagos.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org