In recognition of the importance of empowerment of women with ICTs, CORPTRAIN (Pty) Ltd will be hosting its 2nd annual three-day "ICT Women Empowerment Africa Summit" date 28th-30th September 2011 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand- Johannesburg, South Africa.
The event will explore initiatives aimed at effectively using ICTs to empower Women in Africa and dwells on exclusive case studies from South Africa, Uganda, Kenya & Ghana.
Based in South Africa, CORPTRAIN (Pty) Ltd, is a hundred percent (100%) black owned company offering business to business events in a form of Seminars, Training workshops and Conferences. Other organizers of the event are Frost and Sullivan and the Institute of Chartered IT Professionals.
According to the release featured topics include:
- Overview of women, gender & ICT’s in a globalised economy
- The changing role of the ICT profession
- Initiatives & practices aimed at attracting more women into the ICT sector
- Talent Management: keeping talented women on the road to success within the ICT industry
- Impacts of radio communication on women
- Empowering women in Africa to use ICT’s for personal advancement
- Empowering rural women in Africa through ICT
- Outcomes & impacts of policies on projects for women
- The importance of ICT’s in facilitating the production and dissemination of open educational resources
For more information visit the summit link